Exotel Helpine Set Up

Hello! I had the following queries regarding setting up the workflow of an helping in the App Bazaar of Exotel-
-If I am getting company/organisation calls to a personal number, can I redirect them to the helpline number without picking up the call?
-How do we setup the feature of saving a number to a particular list if we are not able to receive some calls?
-How do we check how many people of my company/organisation are accepting calls/ are on calls on the portal?

Hey,

For the 1st use case - You might have to set up a call forwarding from your phone to an exotel number. This will depend on your service provider, rates, etc. And there are some basic setup you can do for which calls need to be forwarded. There could be other 3rd party apps also which might help you with this.

2nd use case - You can add the “List Manager” applet as soon as the call is received. That way, regardless of whether the “Connect” applet is able to connect them with someone - they will first be added to your address book list.

3rd - There are some reports that you can generate. Exotel also sends out a daily summary email with some of these details. I am not sure if there is a live dashboard that shows who is on call right at the moment. but reports can be downloaded which will give you the details.

Hope this is helpful.

1 Like

Yes this really helped thanks a lot!

1 Like

I had some follow up questions-

1. How can a user on a call, forward the call they are on to another group?
  2. How can a user send an sms to the caller live when they are calling?
  3. How can a user see the actual number from which they are getting the call, while they are on the call.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Response from Exotel

1. How can a user on a call, forward the call they are on to another group?

​Call transfer during an ongoing call is not yet a feature of Exotel.

​

1. How can a user send an sms to the caller live when they are calling?

If the User has access to Exotel dashboard, they can send the SMS even during an ongoing call. However, this has to be done manually from the dashboard. How do I send an SMS from my Exotel number?

​

1. How can a user see the actual number from which they are getting the call, while they are on the call.

The actual number will be shown in a pop up when the call reaches the Exophone number. How do I popup a window in my CRM for an incoming call?

Thank you, this helps!

Hello! If I have already put some recording as that which will play when the caller is qued, but I no longer want that to play, but nor do I want anything else to play, then how do I proceed to delete the recording that I had put previously? It is not giving such an option as of now.

Thanks!

Could you add a screenshot also?

This is it

Response from Exotel:

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We see that deleting the audio from queue the caller option is not available. Please give us some time to check internally if there is any other workaround to do the same and we shall update you shortly.

Thank You! For now, I am redesigning the applet and thus working around it.